Beverly's White Coconut Cake
3 cups sifted cake flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup egg whites
about 8 1/2 teaspoon vinegar
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter -- softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup milk
boiled white frosting
7 ounces Flaked coconut
1. Grease and line bottoms of two 9x1 1/2 inch cake pans with wax paper; grease paper. Sift flour, baking powder and salt onto a sheet of wax paper. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Beat egg whites in a medium size bowl with electric mixer on high until foamy. Beat in vinegar, then beat in 1 cup of the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time until meringue forms soft peaks.
3. Without washing beater, beat butter in a large owl until creamy. Beat in remaining 1 cup sugar and the vanilla
4. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, stirring between each addition until batter is smooth. Carefully fold in meringue. Pour batter into pans.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until centers spring back when lightly pressed with fingertip. Cool in pans on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; peel off wax paper; cool completely.
6. Spread boiled white frosting between layers and on top and side of cake. Sprinkle generously with coconut.
2018 INTERNATIONAL COCONUT CORPORATION - 225 WEST GRAND STREET (PO BOX 3326), ELIZABETH, NEW JERSEY 07207-3326 - (908) 289-1555 (908) 289-1556FAX