Anne's Coconut Graham Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed graham
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375*F (190*C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the
graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat sweetened
condensed milk and butter on medium-high speed until smooth. Stir in crumb
mixture just until blended. Fold
in raisins or chocolate chips (or both), coconut and walnuts, if using.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a greased
cookie sheet, pressing cookies to flatten slightly.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until
lightly browned. Cool 1 to 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheets.
Transfer to wire racks to cool
Makes 3 dozen.
* Or use milk chocolate chips, chopped
dates, golden raisins or a combination.
Nutrition Facts (per serving: 1 cookie):
118.7 calories; 53% calories from fat; 7.5g total fat; 8.3mg cholesterol; 67.4mg
sodium; 53.5mg potassium; 12.6g carbohydrates; 0.8g fiber; 5.0g sugar; 11.9g net
carbs; 1.7g protein.