- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) margarine or butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked)
1 4-ounce package shredded coconut (about 1 1/3 cups)
- Heat oven to 350F. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In large bowl, beat margarine and sugar until creamy. Add eggs and almond extract; beat well. Add combined flour and baking soda; mix well. Add oats and coconut; mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered.
Makes about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Information: 1 cookie: Calories 90, Calories From Fat 45, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 70mg, Total Carbohydrates 10g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Protein 1g.